Sunday, March 05, 2006

my reflections...

OLYMPICS:

Okay using figure skating as an example, i shall reflect on myself.

Competitors handpicked in their country to represent their country to do their country proud. The effort they put in... we can't see.

Successful jumps, twirls makes the competition seemed like a performance. A beautiful piece of moving art, lasting for only four minutes. But they are just normal people, who may be has better talent, better luck. Determination, effort, work.

The ability to continue skating, after each fall, each disappointment, each failure. Skaters, i can dare say, are the world most respectable people. Falling right in front of a whole panel of judges, in front of their people, in front of the world. But they are able to stand up and continue with the rest of their peformance, as if nothing has happened before. Am i able to do it ?

I have put in effort, i really did. I tried my very best in all the papers, each with a glimmer of confidence. But effort doesn't mean results. You reap what you sow. I sowed high quality seeds, but get back rotten fruits. What is this world coming to ? Is it my fault? Did I put ENOUGH effort? No!

I am demoralised. I thought a brand new year, a brand new start. This period meant so much to me. I wasn't able to concentrate, not determined enough. But is this going to pull me down, or a slap to wake me up from my dreams? I never know. I try and try but to no avail.

Am I going to be a skater? I never know.

4 Comments:

Blogger tiffy(: said...

hey don't give up kay
you'll eventually get high quality fruits de !
it's just CTs, won't affect midyears, prelims, and the Os
i didn't do well either.
we jiayou tgt kay =D

Sunday, March 05, 2006 8:14:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheer ups k surely can do better next time de. they always set the first common test very difficult mahh :D

Monday, March 06, 2006 12:03:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't stop smiling!
we'll all be working hard together. x]

Monday, March 06, 2006 8:31:00 pm  
Blogger ahnia said...

yeah, continue to skate even if u fall, prove that u can stand up from where u fall!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:06:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home